Thursday, February 22, 2018

A rare glimpse of a quilt in the wild


You guys!! Bernie of Needle and Foot just sent me this link to a short video on her Facebook page. It shows a little girl unwrapping her new Doll Like Me baby, and one of my quilts was in the box, too. So exciting to see it in the hands of such a happy, bubbly kid! Can you see me doing my happy dance?

A Doll Like Me creates dolls that look like a child who has features not usually found on standard dolls. Those features might be limb differences, birthmarks, albinism, or scars. Amy, who sews the dolls, also makes sure that the doll's hair and skin color are the same as the child's. The bodies are soft, cuddly fabric and are the same size as American Girl dolls, making it easy to find clothes and accessories. And the doll faces are so, so sweet. Who wouldn't love a doll like that?

Quite a number of quilters are sewing little quilts for Amy's charity, so I feel super lucky that one of mine was captured on video. If you're not on Facebook, you can still kinda sorta see most of the video by clicking "No thanks" when Facebook tries to cover it up. I don't have my own account, so I watched it on DH's account. Then I begged him to share it on FB because I'm so excited! He'll probably be swamped with quilt and doll stuff now, ha ha!

22 comments:

  1. So precious! I'm not on FB but I was able to watch the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched that video but did not realize it was your quilt! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, so precious! What an adorable little girl.
    'A quilt in the wild' where it's happiest, free to be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the neatest video and I had to no trouble seeing it and I'm not a FB person either. The doll she received was incredible with all the detail that was captured to be like the recipient. Your quilt was the icing on the cake. Loved the bright colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it was your quilt, I saw the video, that is one very happy little girl, and you had a part in it. Your beautiful happy quilt will be so very loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is so wonderful - what a capture of pure joy and delight on her face! Doesn't it make all our sewing worthwhile, as well as getting the enjoyment ourselves from creating new things. Lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering whose quilt that was! The video was so cute; her face lighting up was just precious! That's makes quilting fun and worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Talk about feeling all warm and fuzzy! That’s great! I have one finished and one on the design wall, ready to sew together. Hopefully, I’ll be putting them into the mail tomorrow. You’re so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Louise, how precious!! Thank you for sharing the link with us. It just made me smile!! How very special for that sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little video is just too adorable. So fun for you to get to see some of your wonderful charity efforts in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Louise, I’m thrilled for you. I saw that video last night. Such an adorable child. I love her look of wonderment when she discovered the prosthetic leg. And then your quilt! I’m so glad that this was recorded and shared, and that you could see it. I’m sure with all the quilts you give away, that is indeed a sighting to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha...he probably will be! Butyeah...I'd be totally excited to! Like you said, to see the joy on her face as she opened her doll quilt....priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw that video! How fun is that to get to see the child who now owns your quilt! That's so funny to think of your husband starting to get quilt spam. Hee! Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so nice to hear Louise. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGosh! That is so cute. I love the happy face she displayed. Just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome! Isn't it wonderful to see something you made in action?

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun... nothing nicer than seeing one of your quilts being appreciated...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, my gosh, I have to do this! What a darling little quilt for such an awesome cause. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so sweet! How cool to get to see your quilt bring that smile to her face.

    ReplyDelete
  20. have to check this video clip out. How exciting for you to see this, but what a lovely doll quilt and a great cause

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment and I'll reply as soon as I can.