Sunday, April 16, 2017

Hands 2 Help check in: First finish


My first Hands2Help charity quilt is a finish. Fernville Seasons has tumbled through the washer and dryer. Sarah has asked us to check in today on our progress for the challenge.


The wavy/straight line combo quilting crinkled up for some nice, cuddly texture. These are the last photos from our long visit to Seabrook Marine in New Orleans as we are now back under way. Hooray! It feels great to be cruising again.
 

Fernville Seasons is going to be donated to Happy Chemo, and will hopefully help keep a cancer patient warm and provide a bit of cheerful distraction.


I committed to making a quilt for each of the three Hands2Help charities this year. The other two are currently still in the flimsy stage, one complete and the other needing a final border. Photos and write ups on those two coming soon!

5 comments:

  1. Popping over from the Hands2Help linky. I love your quilt...and I love that you quilt and live on a boat!!! Its a secret dream of ours... :) now I'm off to check out your blog...lovely to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is like looking through a window. It looks very cuddly, perfect for a charity quilt, I am sure it will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another delightful quilt! You are the most giving quilter I follow! Happy sailing! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...Good for you to help out all three charities. This one is such a happy quilt. Sure to brighten someones day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Louise, it's so cute and will provide hours of fun looking and distraction to find all the little details in those panels!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment and I'll reply as soon as I can.