Thursday, April 13, 2017

Devoted Donation


Nine little blocks for Leanne at Devoted Quilter. The senior center across the street from her house burned down last week, and 21 people were left with no recoverable possessions. Fortunately, no one was hurt. Leanne decided to make quilts for each person and asked for help making the 882 (!!) necessary blocks.

When I read about the block drive on Instagram, I had a DrEAMI moment. That's Drop Everything And Make It! We'll be leaving the boatyard in the next couple of days, and I wanted to mail the blocks out to Leanne in Canada while it is still easy to get to the post office.

The block is a surrounded square with a 6.5" center. I had these nine Kaffe Fassett/Rowan squares and they seemed just right for the job. The colors are a bit wild together in this grouping, but I know Leanne will mix up blocks from many other quilters to make quilts that are just right. These nine will probably scatter across a number of quilts.

If you are moved to help, please visit Leanne's blog post for more information. Many hands make light work!

7 comments:

  1. What a worthwhile endeavor! I think your colors are grand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great creations for your DREAMI moment.... and a good cause
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks - I spy KF collective fabrics in there! Hope the block target is met soon and quilt making underway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my. How horrific for those residents! Thanks for the heads up! Since Newfoundland is my neighbor, and many of the locals have ties there, I'll pass the word among my quilty friends here, and will get right to work on making a few blocks to see over! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure Leanne will appreciate your help. I can't imagine loosing everything you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors certainly are great, and what a wonderful way to make a difference in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely thing to do, I'm sure Leanne appreciates your efforts. Those poor people, I can't imagine what it must be like to loose absolutely everything. I look forward to hearing where you sail to, so exciting. Do you have a plan or just go wherever you are inspired to at the time?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment and I'll reply as soon as I can.