Thursday, May 19, 2016

Largo, FL


Today I visited a quilt shopKeep Me In Stitches in Largo. It is primarily a Bernina and Baby Lock dealer but had a small selection of fabrics in bright, saturated colors. I saw Cotton&Steel, Kaffe/Rowan prints, batiks, and some great blenders. The staff was very friendly and the shop sported some nice class room space. Everything is shiny brand new, having only opened about a year ago.


I bought four fat quarters. After my big eBay haul last week, I don't really need anything. However, I want to support bricks and mortar stores when I can and I enjoy seeing and touching the fabrics in person. I try to buy at least one fat quarter, so I close my eyes and pretend I'm not paying five times more than I would normally.

The second fabric from the bottom with the polka dots is Cotton&Steel. I've heard a lot about this fabric line so it was interesting to see it "live." The dots are metallic silver and it's very high quality. While I love this teal/peacock color, the rest of the colors in the line didn't wow me, so that's good to know. It's really hard to get true color representation of fabrics through a computer screen. 

The flip flops are bright and cheerful and will serve as a souvenir of this shop. Florida is definitely a flip flop kind of place.



I always ask permission before taking photos inside a store. I've seen signs in some quilt shops that prohibit taking pictures of the sample quilts, maybe to keep them from being copied. This photo shows about 80% of the fabric; there's just a little more behind the wall on the right. Love those bright colors! There were also notions on that wall, and you can see the thread display behind the little stool. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us along for a virtual tour, Louise! I don't get out much and really enjoy seeing places I will likely never get to visit myself. You are so right.... There is nothing like buying fabric in person to know exactly what the colour is and to see how it feels. Those are some pretty pieces you picked up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to visit a local quilt shop. I just love the color of fabrics in the shops here in Florida. So bright and cheerful. It's fun to visit shops all over the country and see the difference in the fabrics in different areas. I also try to buy at least one fat quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much fun you seem to be having. Your boating life reminds me of my 5th wheel life, though I'm not doing that any more. Boating might, or might not, have been easier to keep doing. =) Either way, it isn't a cheap lifestyle, as you are well aware. =) I love your fat quarters.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment and I'll reply as soon as I can.