Friday, May 6, 2022

Every little quilt helps

 


Last week, I was touched to find this photo. That's a quilt that I made, being held by a young Ukrainian man who fled to Croatia. My heart is very full!

He's showing the back, so I hope the BMX bike fabric caught his eye. I sent several pieces to a group called Jeremiah's Hope in Texas, who arranged to get the quilts to the camp. You can see a few more photos of the kids receiving their quilts here. Many families were forced to flee with only the clothes on their backs, so a comfort quilt of their own can make a huge difference to a child or teen.

In other news, I am guest blogging again on Kat and Cat Quilts. If you're interested in the pieces I've finished up lately for Covered in Love, meet me over there. As always, thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. It is so nice when you can see someone enjoying one of your quilts. I am sure that all the quilts they receive will be loved and they will bring a lot of comfort to them knowing that people around the world are supporting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your sighting of a quilt made and donated by you, Louise. Always good to see them doing what they were made to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making quilts for Jeremiah's Hope in Texas! What a joy it must have been for you to see this picture of a young man with one of the quilts you made. This will surely warm his heart & bring comfort to him during these horrific times in Ukraine. Sending continued prayers for all who are going through this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see the quilts with their new owners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to see a quilt with its new owner. We rarely get this opportunity and I bet you are gratified by it. Louise, the number of quilts you make, or finish, and then donate is just wonderful. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment and I'll reply as soon as I can.