Sunday, July 4, 2021

Gift for K


I made this quilt for my friend K. She had a stroke and needed brain surgery; that's pretty serious! We visited K and her husband T at their home in Florida after she was released from the hospital and were so pleased to see how well she was recovering.


She was still spending a lot of time resting in her big recliner, so I asked her if she'd like a lap quilt. She immediately replied, "Yes, please! In red, white and blue." Seems appropriate to share this quilt on Independence Day, even though I sent it off to her in early spring.


I pulled out some true blues in dark and light shades, added some slightly off whites and just a bit of red. As friends, K&T are like those few red blocks: they are rare and really stand out! We laugh and snort our way through each visit with them.


For the back, I used this big piece of red, white and blue sailboats that has been patiently waiting for just the right quilt. It wasn't quite big enough, so I fattened it up with some tonal red.


As you can see from her expression, K loves her quilt! I'm glad I could make her smile and keep her cozy. Keep healing, dear friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and I'll reply as soon as I can.