Sunday, August 20, 2017

Happy mail!


I received a very sweet gift in the mail last week from Kat as a thank you. She traveled to New Mexico and was away from her blog and sewing machine this summer and I lent a hand. Aren't these great southwestern souvenirs?


The soap smells heavenly, and the arrowhead fabric coordinates really well with this Laurel Burch horse panel I bought last year. I also had the smaller horse print, which has really subtle touches of blue. The arrowheads bring that blue into focus, and I'm looking forward to using these pieces together soon. Thanks, Kat!


I also received a big batch of fabrics that I had ordered on eBay. All these fat quarters are either architectural motifs like bricks and wood grain, or natural themes like trees, sky and water. I think these come from the estate of a quilter who created landscape quilts. 


I also bought this fun woodsy panel to add to my stash of more masculine themed fabrics. Not that we gals don't love a good moose, too! I like how this print has both realistic animals, and sort of woodcut silhouettes.

I'm writing this post on the train from New York to Charleston, and scheduling it to publish on Sunday so I can link up with Molli Sparkles' Sunday Stash. By the time you read it, I should be home again on the boat and back to my sewing after a week away.

8 comments:

  1. DOn't you love being back home....and happy mail!! SMILES being sent your way! Enjoy your week of sewing ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lucky you having a visit in New York! I looks like you scored a good buy with the fabrics on eBay, very interest looking collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to go away, but twice as nice to get home again! Hope you had a good time! Great fabric scores!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun trip followed by fun mail at home. What could be better? Can't wait to see what you create with all that good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So what are you itchin' to be stitchin' this first week back home?

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN happy mail - hope you enjoyed your off-the-water adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm drooling over all of these! (Especially those landscape fabrics.) You sure have a good nose for finds on the internet. Hope you had a good trip. And a fantastic solar eclipse view!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the southwestern fabrics, as well as your ebay stash! Does it feel odd to be travelling overland after your time on the water?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment and I'll reply as soon as I can.