Sunday, June 25, 2017

Quick update

We are underway across the Gulf of Mexico between Mobile,  AL and Tampa,  FL. The whole trip will take about 48 hours, and we expect that at least 40 of those will be without any internet.

I've decided to do spiral quilting on Bright Astrodelic. That should keep me busy if the seas are calm enough to sew. See you in a couple days!


PS: In addition to our high power marine radios, we have a satellite phone on board for emergencies. We also use it to update our status and position through this Twitter account so that friends and family can see that we are safe.

7 comments:

  1. Anxious to see the spiral quilting. See y'all from Tampa. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would imagine that spiral quilting and rolling seas would not make a good combination. LOL. Hope you have a good journey, calm and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I've always wanted to try spiral quilting! It's on my bucket list. :) Glad your journeys have been safe. (What fun!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I hadn't realised it's been days since I was reading blog posts! Safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe travels. We'll be leaving for vacation in about a week, but it's travel trailer and national parks for us. We love just the same. Can't wait to see your spiral quilting. I hope it's calm enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking about you at New Year going into New Orleans and suddenly half a year has past and you're in the Gulf of Mexico! I wish you safe travels and happy quilting. Your spiralling is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment and I'll reply as soon as I can.