Angular Jungle, a quilt for Project Linus, is finished except for washing and drying. Still conserving water here on the boat, so I'll wash several newly finished quilts together next week.
I did easy, dot-to-dot style quilting in all the triangles and outlined the animal squares. I may need to go back and quilt the animals a bit more after washing; they seem a bit poofy to me.
The backing is this fun, bright button print that was given to me by Sue. It really hides the quilting wobbles and bobbles! I had all the right dark colors of thread to blend with the triangles, too, so the quilting pretty much disappears. The lighter line in the purple is a chalk mark to keep things moderately straight. Some fabric didn't mark as well with the Hera tool, so I used my chalk pen.
The binding is a stripe that I bought recently at Spool in Chattanooga. My husband Sean says it reminds him of Beechnut Fruit Stripe gum. I like how the stripe contains white, to tie the white-backed animal squares together. This quilt is about 44" square, a good toddler size.
Not much fall color here in Florence, AL. But plenty of color in this quilt!